Monday, October 22, 2018

Witches & Magick Day 31

I went to the flea market and picked up this boomerang. All I wanted to do was look because it has been a very long time since I've seen one. The vender offered a $1 sale. So what the hell, even if I never use it I got interesting art.

I tried throwing it. I couldn't make the boomerang come back. I did some research. I wasn't throwing it right or holding it properly. I tried again. And again. And again until my arm got tired.

I researched the mystical meaning of kangaroos. They are obviously about motherhood, but also about taking a leap of faith, enjoying life, and grabbing opportunities.

I'm thinking about turning the boomerang into a Magickal tool. What if when I threw it the boomerang gathered opportunities from afar then brought those chances to me?

I am nowhere close to being able to use it. I would actually like to throw the boomerang and have it return to me. I suppose I could use it purely as a symbol for gathering on the astral, though I still need to write the ritual.

This is advanced Witchcraft- taking a non-Magick object and turning it into a tool for your personal practice. I've done similar things with sea floats and scales.

No comments: