Thursday, September 27, 2018

Witches & Magick Day 6

Everyone thinks Kitchen Witchcraft is either uber magickal, like this picture, or boringly basic. The truth is somewhere in between. And far outside that narrow spectrum.

My kitchen doesn't look at all like this. Nothing floats in midair. Except dust. Unless I'm cooking in my cauldron (which I rarely do because what movies never show is cauldrons are an absolute bitch to clean) it is not obvious that I am doing any kind of magickal work.

My spell ingredients are regular spices from the grocery store, stored in the same plastic bottles that I purchased because I never have enough cool little glass jars. I cook with cast iron a lot (also a bitch to clean, but at least that's smooth and not so unwieldy to fit in the sink) and to me that's Magick because it's how my Granny cooked.

I have a problem with people who call Kitchen Witchery "simple." If it were really simple everybody would do it.

I think it's the epitome of High Magick because Kitchen Witchery turns mundane into Magick. Isn't that the very definition of alchemy, turning lead into gold?

I empower my coffee so I drink opportunities. I charm meat to nourish happiness in my children. I enchant fruit, cookies, and wine to win people over. I weave all these things together and people leave my table feeling content.

I research medicine, nutrients, and vitamins to stave off diseases. I give boosts of encouragement to help reach dreams. I take Magick from the astral plane and put it in easy reach here on Earth every day.

Don't mock my practice. I effortlessly perform high Magick with barely a second thought, and I don't need arcane tools for my rituals.

No comments: