Monday, September 3, 2018

Magick Monday, Sea Floats

Today is all about using what is on hand for Magick. Now admittedly, I do not expect anyone to have the same things I have in my house. I used to get really frustrated reading Wicca 101 books which listed "common" herbs I had never even heard of. I think common is whatever is in abundant supply where you live. Blackberries are common in the wild but they aren't growing in asphalt covered cities. I'm showing you what I have and how I use it. I expect you to apply that same logic to your situation.

My magickal item is a sea float. I think this is the real deal. I bought it in an antique store. I love it.
This float is a reproduction. It was a Mother's Day gift. My poor husband never can figure out what to give me. But he remembered the big float, so he thought I'd like this one. He's paying attention.

Sea floats hold up fishing nets, or they mark a particular spot in the ocean. Sea floats were a kind of alert system. For this reason they are protective. Nets trap fish. Another protection indicator. Or abundance since fish are food. Floats stay above the water, that could be protective as well if you want to stay out of trouble. The float is made to be used in the sea, but it allows one to gather from the sea and take to land. It is a between item. It only works in water but it doesn't sink. Floats are for the sea (water), are hollow (air), glass is made from sand (earth) and floats would have blown by a glass maker using fire. All elements in one object.

I did this spell during a full moon. I would have probably picked a full moon anyway, but the moon controls the tides and fishing. The first thing I did was wash the floats. They get dusty hanging in the kitchen windows. I then left them to float in my sink. I empowered the water. I used salt to cleanse (see what I did there?). I added lemon juice (see there?) and I began to hum. In a soft voice, I told the floats what I wanted. I left them to float for an hour, then I dried them off and hung them back up.

I think I should also point out that the rope around the float falls into knot Magick. Thus, you could make your own sea float out of old Christmas ornaments and weave a spell with every knot for bonus Magick. A+ for the Witch who crafts her own rope.

Magick is fun.

No comments: