Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Key Post

Sometimes I read the stats for this blog. This morning I noticed a lot of people had looked at a post I wrote in 2013 about keys.

Keys play a huge role in my life. I have keys everywhere. I use them, (which reminds me, I've got to get one made) I have keys as mementos, keys as decorations, and keys as art. And now I've started making key chains.

I finished this yesterday. Overall I like it, but it has some design flaws. I cut the hole too large so the mirror shifts around. It won't fall out, but sometimes the edge is clearly visible. And the middle is too short so the ring doesn't move as freely as it should. But this was the first one I made and I didn't have a pattern. I also failed to write anything down which makes figuring out improvements a bit tricky.

I intend to make more. First, these will be Christmas presents. After making enough for family, I should have all the bugs worked out. Then I will feel comfortable making key chains to sell in my Amazon shop. It wasn't hard to make. I just want to do the best job I can.

No comments: