Tuesday, July 28, 2015
The House Tour- Outside
1. If you want your house to feel welcoming the best thing you can do is scrub the front door. This makes a dramatic impact, though guests probably won't be able to say exactly why your house is so nice. Smudges, dirt caked onto the door mat, and items piled by the entrance subconsciously tells people the house is filthy, even if the inside is spotless.
2. Potted plants are great for incorporating magick into your life. You can grow herbs based on their magickal properties, bury ritual items into the dirt, paint sigils on the pots, or be really low key and draw your signs directly into the dirt. No one will ever see it.
3. Place two crossed safety pins under your door mat to keep bill collectors away.
4. Hang a mirror on your door to turn back negative energy before it enters your home.
5. Empower wind chimes or flags to either bring good fortune your way or to send your prayers to the Universe.
6. Consider a burden basket. This is merely a large, empty basket kept near the entrance. Before entering, place all your worries into the basket. This is usually done by speaking aloud what troubles you into the basket. Then worry can't follow you inside.
Next week I'll start showing you the inside!