Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Misdirection

Yesterday I felt really proud of myself because I finished one of the Christmas quilts. In November! One down, one to go.

I usually feel great when something is completed and ready to leave the sewing room. I may send this quilt out next weekend because I don't know if the recipient will be back in town for Christmas and getting things out of my house always makes me happy.

But all that was yesterday. Today I feel a little lost. I don't know what to work on. Logically, I should push towards finishing the other Christmas projects, but...I don't know. The story isn't there.

I did make some strides with my rag rug. My next fabric choice had trains because of course a flying carpet should be fast.

I am still thinking a good bit about next year. There are projects I've been wanting to try for ages. I think now is the time to start them. There are things I tried in the past and loved, but I didn't keep doing them because I felt there was no practical application. Now I am thinking if I really like something I will find a use for it. I think this year is going to be about changing perspective.

I am still having strange dreams. So far nothing odd has happened in real life. Maybe other people's perspective of me has changed.

I apologize for rambling all over the place with no real point. It's just how I feel today, like things are rushing by me and I have no clue which one to grab. I think instead of trying to keep up with the world I will be still. Perhaps my calmness will cause elements of my life to settle down so we can move in harmony.

No comments: