Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Witch of This Place- How I Create Magick

I've got about a dozen or 100 thoughts buzzing in my head, so I'll probably be hopping from subject to subject, and anyway, I haven't posted in a while. I have a lot to say.

I just dropped Kurt off. He is now a security guard at the Cow College. Today is game day. Football is the religion here. People come from thousands of miles away to watch the game. What I think is stupid, are the ones who drive thousands of miles but can't get tickets so they sit outside the stadium in lawn chairs and watch the game on tv. I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to sit outside in the cold and wind (right chilly today) to watch a game they could get in their home on tv, the radio, or Internet. I am not understanding why it is so much better to be at the place the team is playing when you can't watch them play. Parking starts at $10 and the closer to the stadium, the higher the price. The parking deck cost $30. I saw several men sitting beside their cars with coolers and grills. They weren't even trying to see the game, they were just happy to be at the Cow College.

I could not get anywhere close to Kurt's office. The streets are blocked off. The closest I could get was four blocks. Even with his security uniform they wouldn't let us in. We left extremely early just in case traffic was at a standstill. He had a long walk ahead of him because after walking to the office, he'll have to walk to his post. I have no idea how I will pick him up. He gets off work at 2am but that doesn't mean the streets will be open.

On the way, we passed a mini van blocking the road. There was an elderly couple inside. They had the hazard lights on and they were just sitting in the road with their heads down pretending no one was around. What pissed me off was the fact they decided to block the road in front of a gas station with a virtually empty parking lot. Hello Dumbasses, just park at the Shell Station! I wanted to pull up beside them and start cussin'. Worse, they were blocking one driveway to the gas station. When I came home, they were still there, heads still down, still pretending to be the only people on earth. Fucking idiots.

I am very happy Kurt is at work. It seems like I don't have any more me time anymore. I need alone time so I can think, practice magick, create art, and read Tarot. Kurt somehow manages to involve himself in everything I do, like now he's texting me. Aaarrggghhhh. Go guard something and stop bugging me.

I did say this was a witch of this place post, didn't I? Let's move on:
Changing leaves are everywhere I look. This picture was taken from my truck when I was at Dollar General. Where I got hit on. Creeps are also everywhere I look.
Another from the truck shot, which is why it's a funky angle.

When I got home, I took more pictures:
I've been raking leaves-
but I am not making progress.
After this picture, I got cold. The temps are falling quick. It was cool and pleasant this morning. Now it is uncomfortable. I am thinking of brewing a pot of coffee just because coffee is hot.

All those pictures are from the same section of my yard- the side near my bedroom and sewing room. There is just something about this part of the yard. I don't know why. There's a ley line in the backyard near the gate, but the line doesn't call me. Maybe the maple tree is responding to me. I don't know. What I do know is this area needs a garden.
A few days ago, I took this picture. The ground is sunken because a long time ago, some other kind of garden was here. But the sunken places are funky shaped. It's not a neat square nor does it have a clearly defined area. It's like someone tried a few times before yanking up plants and calling it quits. When I first moved in, I started a compost pile in hopes of filling in the ground. It didn't really compost well so Kevin made it a brush pile. Kurt thought it was too close to the gas tank so he deposed of the whole mess by moving it to the fire pit. Now it's just an ugly bare spot.

I decided the best course of action would be a garden. The first thing I did was sit on the ground with my journal. I listened to what the land wanted. I told the land what ideas I had and I waited for feedback. I made notes. I think the garden should be a certain shape and when I hit upon 8-point star, the land told me to align the points with the four directions and cross quarters.

After making notes, I started a Pinterest board. You can follow it if you like:
http://pinterest.com/fabricafree/8pointgarden/
I already had a garden board, but all the things on it were not right for this garden. The thing I want to try the most is this:
This is just a prism hanging from a disconnected water facet. I was thinking I could keep buckets of water in maybe four points and if I charge each crystal, then the magick will go into the water, thus into the plants. All sun catchers fall under fire magick. Buckets of water are of course, water magick. See the balance? Now I need earth and air. I believe my air magick will be wind chimes.

I have a lot more to write, but I am getting a headache. Plus, the more I think about coffee, the better it sounds. And I still have two dogs outside, they're probably cold. Queen bit a chunk out of Halona's ear. Both Sophie and Queen gang up on her so I have separated them. Halona is getting old and I think she should live her final years harassment free. I'm not sure when my next post will be but it will definitely be about the magick of gourds.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

Ugh, this:

"It seems like I don't have any more me time anymore. I need alone time so I can think, practice magick, create art, and read Tarot. Kurt somehow manages to involve himself in everything I do, like now he's texting me."

I love my family more than anything, but I get very little down time to work. I SO feel you!