Saturday, October 13, 2012

How Things Are Going

I like my new blog. I thought I wouldn't have much to post at first, but everyday I find some project, and then the pattern/source/inspiration for it. I've thinned the paper pile a good bit, but I still have a way to go.

I'm almost done with my bear paws. Kurt damn near RUINED it by telling me my bear paw blocks look like a KKK symbol. He then amended that to saying it looked like a Christian cross, and well, ya know, since I'm Pagan and all, I didn't feel any better. I threw my needlework down and wouldn't touch for days. Then I decided to finish it out of spite. It takes effort to turn off my brain and see bear paws instead of twisted, racist symbolism.

As usual, money is non-existent now but with a promise of a better future. I am tired of riding out this rough patch, waiting for things to get better. I've been trying new things, but nothing seems to be bearing fruit.

2 comments:

catherine said...

Seriously, It does not look like either the KKK symbol or a christian cross. It looks like the bearpaw quilt pattern ffs.
Is he getting jealous of the time you spend crafting to say something that dumb?

catherine said...

sorry, none of my business, i'll shut up now.