Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Did Say I Was Going to Improve My Home

A while back, Queen chewed up part of my kitchen floor. Evidently, the floor was so tasty, she had to go back for more:
There is nothing left to do but replace the whole floor. I am not telling my landlord until the project is done. I'd like to replace the cabinets, but that costs more money than I can afford. First priority is the floor, I'll probably repaint the walls, and I have a few other issues with my kitchen. One is my 1980's retro reject ceiling fan which I am so ashamed of, I couldn't bear to photograph it.
This fugly clothes rack needs to be replaced. I thought about taking outside and hanging plants on it, but now I think it should just be thrown out.
I like my shelf, I don't like the clutter. I need pretty storage boxes. And those wooden silhouette things, which is not my style btw, have to come down. I'm trying to think of a way to display my potted plants but I haven't come up with anything good yet. Each winter they take over my dryer, then I have no place to fold clothes.

Hopefully this won't take too long. I like improvements, but I hate not being able to use my kitchen.

No comments: