Monday, June 25, 2012

Bad Witch

I didn't was dishes last night. I know, I am a horrid kitchen witch. Anyway, I awoke to a kitchen full of ants going after the dirty dishes in the sink.

This is how I killed them:
When I lived in the trailer park, my neighbor had a dozen humming bird feeders. She also had the whole cottage garden thing going, and it was so lovely I copied her.

Except I couldn't keep ants out of the feeders.

I was standing in her living room, admiring at all. Enviously, I asked how she kept the ants out. "Pam cooking spray."

Really?

And no shit, it works. Just spray the hook the feeder rests on.

It also kills ants on contact. And because it's food, not poison, I don't have to worry about what might get sprayed by accident.

One word of caution- wipe it up immediately. The longer it sits, the harder it is to get off. I have cooking spray permanently glued to my living room wall because I let it sit on a thick trail of ants once.

I also recommend wiping up the spray with a slightly damp, slightly soapy rag. It takes a while to clean up all the ants, but I would rather wipe the counter 20 times than spray poison once.

3 comments:

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

OMG thanks for this it's like you read my mind and knew what i needed. I was trying to figure out how to do this since I have flowers that seem to be attracting ants from outside.

FreeDragon said...

You're welcome :D

catherine said...

equal amounts of borax and powdered sugar work too, or borax and enough honey or syrup to make a paste and put on wax paper in places you see the ants. I wouldn't recomend eating it, but you would only get thirsty if you did.