Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Going Straight to Hell. Just Like My Momma Said

Readers, I am in a hot mess. And it happened so freakin' fast. It's like I can almost see what's coming and then BANG IT HAPPENED, and I am reeling in the aftermath.

Kurt wants me to meet him again after work. I know better, but I also kinda want to go. That's the first problem.

The second problem is Mr. Dragon has decided I'm the one. Ordinarily, I wouldn't consider this a problem, I'd think it was a dream come true. But I'm scared he's going to bail on me again. We have decided to take things slow.

I had to work tonight (Saturday) and one guy didn't show up, so Mr. Dragon worked in his place. Now picture this-

Kurt spent the whole shift sticking his tongue out at me, winking, trying to make me laugh, and saying dirty things. Mr. Dragon was standing behind Kurt waving at me. And at one point, Mr. Dragon called me over to ask what Kurt was doing, because damn, he sure is acting funny.

I couldn't lie, I said Kurt was flirting with me. Mr. Dragon thought that was ridiculous. He didn't know I was flirting back.

Yes, I was flirting with two different men and praying neither would catch on to what I was doing with the other. Hot. Mess. To. The. Nth. Degree.

Of course, Mr. Dragon wanted to talk after work. And Kurt was waiting on me so we could go somewhere. Oh shit.

I just told Kurt I couldn't meet him tonight. I told Mr. Dragon we could talk. Somehow, I managed to get out the door alone and I sweated all the way across the parking lot because Kurt had been parked behind me and the LAST thing he needed to see was Mr. Dragon getting in my truck. Thank god, Kurt was gone. One problem averted.

Then, I had a nice long conversation with Mr. Dragon. I didn't mention Kurt, Kevin, or any of the other men buzzing around. When he got out to go to his truck, I noticed a BUNCH of people standing around being nosey, so on Monday I'm sure I'll have nineteen-thousand more problems. I decided to narrow things down. Jeff is no longer a possibility and neither is any other man.

But I haven't solved the Kevin problem.  I know Kevin loves me. But, and this is a big but, we still have all the problems we had before and he is not making any effort to solve them. This is why we broke up. We had issues, and I was the only one trying to work through them. I took him back, the issues are still there, and he is still not doing anything.

So I'm down to three men, I'm only sleeping with one, and I don't know how much longer I can fend the other two off. I mean really, Kurt is beyond persistent. I saw him staring at me tonight, looking star-struck. Know why? He saw me stretch and my shirt rode up. Apparently I have a better body than he imagined and now he wants to see the rest of it. Every time he tells me something like that, I start scanning the room for Mr. Dragon before he walks up on a conversation he doesn't need to hear. I don't want to tell him about Kurt, and I don't think it's such a hot idea for Kurt to know about Mr. Dragon. But how the fuck do I keep them apart when they work on the same line and Mr. Dragon is team leader? I'm trying to be good, I'm trying to pretend like I'm in Sunday school, but it ain't working because Mr. Dragon is constantly touching me and Kurt is telling me all the things he wants to do with his tongue. If you are female, I must urge you to never, ever work in a factory. Ever.

2 comments:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

I must admit... this made me laugh. You could start your own tv show. And also, be careful what you wish for, it just may start raining men :)

C said...

I haven't been following your blog much. I drop in from time to time from Muddy Water's blog. But if you're considering multiple relationships you should read The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton and Catharine Lidzt.