Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So Much Better

Work has been hell. I have been working waaaaay too much overtime. Yesterday, my sugar was high and my stomach hurt. I wasn't sure if I was coming down with a virus which was making my sugar go up, or if I just felt like crap on toast because high sugar will make you feel blah in general. I dragged myself to work where I started feeling worse. The more I moved around, the more my stomach rolled. An hour before lunch I gave up and went home.

On the way home, my sugar dropped so I had to eat. After I ate, my stomach finally decided to be still.

Once home, I sat on the couch and watched television. I did a little sewing:
It was nice to hold a needle. I haven't had time to sew in a while. I think my poor little neglected sewing box is mad at me. I'm doing something different with this project- I'm actually making an 8 point star instead of my usual sun burst design. AND I'm using two different kinds of stitches. Normally, I use the same stitch throughout for a uniform look. I was going to turn this into a bag, but I think I'll just finish this one panel and hang it in my bedroom. I've been wanting to put something over my closet doors.

Since I was able to relax, I wasn't annoyed when I went to bed. I actually slept a normal amount of hours, slept well, and when the alarm went off I didn't feel like screaming. I've been getting up to take insulin, then falling asleep again, barely waking in time to go to work, and feeling drained the whole night. Today I have energy and I'd like to do something. Maybe I'll take a walk. I think that's why my sugar got out of whack- no exercise.

I have no idea what work will be like tonight. But I think I will be in a better frame of mind to deal with it.

No comments: