Sunday, December 25, 2011

That Just Stinks

Sometimes animals give me messages. Every once in a while I get one so obvious I can't possibly miss the meaning.

Skunk.

Yeah, can't miss that one.

I think sometimes the skunk gets under the house. When I went out to the store room for dog food, that awful, musty scent slowly filled the air. It was worse on the porch, and since I stupidly left the back door open, the smell is now in the house.

Gag.

I lit some incense and tried to distract myself with some blog reading.

Mrs. Graveyard Dirt has been hacked.

I hate hackers. To me, hacking into someone's computer files is worse than cursing them because the computer represents all areas of a life, the public, private, financial, business, personal, family, journal, music, EVERYTHING. There is no aspect of a human's existence that is not represented electronically somewhere. And if you're into genealogy, then people who lived 200 or 300 years ago now have computer files.

If you look at the 'What I Read' list, you'll notice the newest blog posts are first. I saw Graveyard Dirt had been updated a few hours ago and I clicked on it. But instead of  a new post, I got a strange screen, funky graphics, and a message saying the site had been hacked. A few seconds later, a message from the hacker appeared on my desktop.

Hackers are just like skunks. All you can do is hope to avoid them. If one is in your area, their nastiness will spread. You will have to work hard to get rid of it and there is no promise the exact same thing won't happen again.

I have removed Graveyard Dirt from my blog. I didn't want to, but I don't want anyone else to get hacked. My computer seems to be fine, but I don't want to take any chances. Mrs. Graveyard Dirt may not even know what has happened to her site as it is a holiday and she's probably busy with friends and family. I hope she gets everything back. I hope the hacker burns on the bottom layer of hell, and yes, I've already cursed him because I think if you do something so low down, you deserve whatever rotten things come your way.

I will check occasionally, and if it appears Mrs. Graveyard Dirt has regained control, then I'll put her back on my list. I hope she curses the hacker's stomach.

All of this has made me question my computer's security. I'm going to start changing passwords and backing up files because the one thing you can't do with a bad smell is ignore it.

No comments: