Thursday, December 1, 2011

Release

I am taking part in Silver Ravenwolf's 2011 Release Challenge. I did most of it last year and it was very helpful. Today is Day 1 and the mission was to make noise (cleansing through sound) and then to enjoy the silence (hear messages from Deity).

The purpose is to release anything that may be holding us back so new energies and positive change can enter our lives. Much of the challenge focuses on getting rid of clutter. My house is fairly clutter free. My parents, both of them, have the don't-throw-it-away-might-need-it mindset. Just to give you an example- my father will change the oil, then put the old oil filter in the cabinet. I assure you- there is no use for a used oil filter. Never throwing anything away means you can't properly clean, too much stuff is in the way. You can't acquire new belongings because there is no place to put them. You can't dance without bumping into furniture. No parties, no big family dinners, no guests, and no pets in the house because animals knock things over. That is not the way I want to live.

Still, even I hang on to things I won't use. Fabric is my danger. I can use any fabric. But I MIGHT NOT use all I have. Clothes are an issue because clothes are made of fabric and if the item is too stained for Goodwill, I can cut it up and dye it. I want to be good, recycle, reuse and all, and I hate to just throw something out, but seriously, I already have more fabric than I can use in a lifetime.

I also have a problem with finishing things. I make lots of plans. I have good ideas. But I don't always see things through. I generally fall short on gardening because that is a lot of work. I'll clear the ground, be too tired to plant seeds, and in a week the weeds have taken over and my bare ground is gone. I also fall short on exercise routines. As a diabetic, I must do three things- take insulin, stick to my diet, and exercise daily. If I'm going to skip one, it will be the exercise.

Then there are those unfinished sewing projects I have all over the house. Quilt blocks, needlework, clothes that should be hemmed, patterns I copied, notes for my Etsy shop- I don't need to start another project ever.

I had to pick an energy to work with, goddess, totem, angel, ancestor, or the like, and I had to choose a theme. My energy is Dragon and my theme is Balance. I have a whole bunch of things I want- good health, happiness, prosperity, love, creativity, the list goes on. There was no way I could decide which of those things were the most important. I decided Balance was the key. If I clear the path, everything I want should come to me.

No comments: