Monday, November 7, 2011

Kitchen Work, But No Menu

I haven't had time to do a menu yet. I've been really busy fall cleaning my kitchen. I cleaned out my cabinets, tossed items I don't use, and I scrubbed all my cast iron cookware so I could re season it. I intended to season my skillets this morning, but that didn't quite go as planned because I woke up very early with a low sugar and after I took care of it, I went back to sleep. Low sugars make me really tired. When I got up the second time, I decided I couldn't put off working in the dog pen any longer. I've been piling up leaves so the dogs will have a warm place while I am at work. While I was outside, I also started tending my trees- fall is a great time to transplant, prune limbs, and fertilize. I took down the Halloween decorations which I think is the saddest thing on earth. All my poor skeletons packed away, and my walls look bare and boring without leering skulls. I'll be sad again when I take down my Christmas lights. Maybe I just need year-round decorations. I should just keep a skeleton on the porch and place a Santa hat on his head every December. In the spring he could have butterflies and in the summer he could hold sunflowers.

No comments: