Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Think the Next Design Will Have Foxes

I just listed this embroidery design in my Etsy shop. It's called 'Abundance' I waited for the full moon to list it. I think I will try to add new items on moon phases, just for a little magickal kick.

I celebrated the full moon last night when I got off work. I made a list of everything I wanted to do and I am very proud of myself, Abundance was the last item on my list! I drew down the moon, did one spell, and tried to scry with my mirror, but that didn't go very well. I haven't scried in a long time. I think with practice I'll do better.

Earlier this year, I wanted to journal my experiences with each moon. Every full moon has a different energy to it. My esbats fell to the wayside. Mundane life gets in the way. For me, things work best when I plan for the overall event, but let the small details work themselves out. I used to do rituals with another witch and while I liked the connecting and spellwork part of it, I hated writing rituals. I hated trying to figure out what tools we would need, packing it all up, calling watchtowers, casting the circle, then having to remember to reverse it all at the end- I get tired just remembering it. We did it that way because we thought that's how it had to be done.

What most witches don't realize is every element you add to a spell, be it a god or a watchtower or a totem animal, that item represents an energy. All your energies must meld in harmony. The more you've got, the more you meld. It's like cooking- too many ingredients ruin the taste of the dish. Can you picture elementals, animals, dragons, angels, and goddesses all at the same time, all doing the same thing? If you can't keep track of every thing you called, why did you call it? Know what you're doing and why, don't do it because some book said so.

I hope this full moon brings good fortune to you all. One of the names for this moon is Apple Moon. Think of the sweetness (or sharp if you like green apples!) in life. Now is the time for harvest. What rewards will come your way? This is also a time of reflection- think about how events played out and what you learned. What would you like to see at the next full moon?

No comments: