Monday, September 12, 2011

We Now Return to the Unimportant Stuff

I finished the fridge. Here are my new Celtic knots-
This one is for money. I seem to be chronically short of funds. I used green, of course, and gold. The circles look like coins to me, which was why I picked this design. I placed a magnet in the middle to help attract money to me. Every time I see this knot, I will say, I have plenty of money. Eventually this will become true.

This is for my health spell. If you look carefully, you will see this designs makes three times three answer to seven. Three triple spirals making seven circles. I chose this knot because my a1c has to be 7%.

Finally, the love protection spell. I want to nurture and protect my growing relationship with Mr. Dragon. This knot is based on threes- two joining to make one. It's perfect for relationships. It looks very feminine to me (as in pubic hair shape) I used fire colors because I want the spark of passion to grow into a steady flame, but I also used purples because I want a rich, full relationship. The yellow background is for happiness.

So how do you make a Celtic Knot spell? Begin with a knot design that appeals to you. The knot should have some personal meaning to you. Look carefully at how it is put together. In my love spell, the triangle overlaps the circles symbolizing growth beyond the expected bounds.

Next, think about colors. What are you trying to attract? Dark colors tend to be more closed and light colors are more open.

Try to figure out the numbers. Remember why I chose the knot for my health spell. The money knot is based on four, which to me means having all your bases covered- the four directions, four seasons, four walls of a house.

Color the design. It helps if you can speak your intent while coloring. I suggest making several copies to color. I like to work slowly, coloring each part of the design individually so I can see how the knots intertwine. Sometimes what looks like one strand can be two. Finding a hidden element in your knot means there is more going on in your life than you realize.

Last, the design must be awakened. You can burn a candle over it, charge it under the moon, enchant it, or tap out sound as you trace the design. The knot can also be burned, buried, or thrown into living water, and all these are good for banishing, but I don't like to destroy anything that was a lot of work to create.

My knot spells generally last a few months. When you feel the design no longer has a power, depose of it. I usually tear mine up.

2 comments:

Chrysalis said...

I Love love LOVE spell work with knots! I have never destroyed them, though, as an avenue for banishing, that I had never thought about! But I will now! I found some Celtic knot shrinky-dinks a long time ago and made sun catchers... those were so potent!
I use candles to charge mine most of the time and anoint them with some oil.
Your knots are beautiful! I send you some energy towards your intents!

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

love love love love these! What fantastic spell-work!