Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mabon 2011

Today, I finally got around to celebrating Mabon.
First, I cleaned my altar. Here is a rather blurry shot:
I like to make some spells, like gris-gris bags and powders, ahead of time so they are ready when I need them. I discovered the only powder I currently have is banishing powder. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can share my powder recipes.

Next, I put out a few Halloween decorations.

This is Bubba, my newest skeleton. Bob and Billy are on the front porch. I put a flying witch in the kitchen window and a Halloween wreath on the mailbox. Guess I should have taken some pics of those. While I was at the mailbox, I did a spell to receive good news in the mail and to protect myself from junk mail. I used to have a similar spell on the house phone; I tied a silver cord to the phone line for clear communication and for protection from telemarketers. I've also used butterflies. I used feathers on the mailbox. Anything you associate with air will work.

This is Kevin's old grill. I use it as a fire pit. I believe in having fires on holidays. It's still a bit warm, so I won't light my small fire until tonight.

I've been sitting in my chair with my notebook questioning myself about what kind of witch I am, how I can be a better witch, what are my Goddesses asking of me, and trying to figure out what kinds of totem animals I can use in rituals. I'm trying to only use animals found in Tallapossa County.

I also want to start my fall garden today. I have a little day light left, so I need to pull up spent tomato vines and give serious thought to the mint garden I've been planning.

Happy Mabon!

No comments: