Monday, March 7, 2011

Not My Best Work

I don't like the monkey quilt. I think it came out too 'scrappy'. I couldn't put any monkeys on the red and black blocks because they faded into the red fabric. I put the parrots on the back. I think the whole thing is ugly. But it's done, so now I don't have to hear the monkeys calling me. Whew.

I got a lot done in the sewing room today. I worked on a lap quilt, made scrim, worked on a rug, cleared a pile off the floor, and found some red work I was looking for. I made major progress on my 'Storm at Sea' quilt. And I found my 'Ring of Fire' quilt top. I've done so much I decided to stop sewing for the day. Now I've got to fill out a job application and figure out what to cook for dinner.

I think tomorrow I'll post pics of my other projects, lest you look at those monkeys and think I can't sew.

No comments: