Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Keeping Secrets

I guess I am secretive by nature. I am an only child. I just kept things to myself growing up b/c I really didn't have anyone to share them. Sometimes I would tell my parents what I thought and they would laugh and call me silly. So I don't talk about stuff.

Kevin came upstairs today and I didn't know he was coming, I just heard footsteps and since I'm not supposed to be on the 'net I closed the screen. He immediately wanted to know what I was 'hiding' To make the matter worse, I was just emailed my uncle b/c I need their address to send my aunt a birthday card. Unbeknown to me, Uncle Joe is on vacation. Since I emailed his office it bounced right back. I guess Kev forgot I have an Uncle Joe. He was seeing a man's name and I was hiding it from him so he thought I was cheating.

Of course I wasn't and I wouldn't, but it raises an interesting question- should I let Kevin read my blog? He doesn't know it exists. I started the blog so I could keep my writing skills somewhat in shape and to have a place to vent. Sometimes Kev pisses me off. He might become upset about some things I've written even if I wrote them months ago.

So what to do? On the one hand I like having my own space where I can say whatever I please. On the other hand if he ever figures it out I will be in big trouble for 1) keeping a secret, 2) for publicly voicing some hurtful things, and 3) for letting it go on so long. Part of me wants to tell him but how do I explain why I kept my blog a secret for over a year?

I think I might have to stay mum. Some things are just personal.

No comments: