Saturday, September 6, 2008

rain

I just washed the truck and now it is raining. I washed the truck real good, too. I scrubbed the hell out of it and then I came back and wiped off all the little spots that I missed. I rinsed the truck three times. Now what is odd about this story is that it has never before rained after I washed the truck. Sure, I know that sort of thing happens all the time to other people, but it has never happened to me. Actually, I have been washing cars on the verge of a storm with lightning flashing in the distance and then it did NOT rain, not even a drop. So I was very surprised to see rain drops. Clearly my life schema is changing, but to what I do not know. Am I losing my luck? Am I becoming more normal? Can I now summon storms? Is this punishment for using magic to push Tropical Storm Fay away from my house? Ordinarily I don’t fool with the weather, but I got tired of thinking the roof was about to blow off. One can only listen to the rattle of cheap tin for so long. So something is clearly afoot. When I find out what, I’ll let you know.

No comments: