Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday Vibes

 After sending the sewing cabinet back to creepy neighbor, I did some major house cleaning. I have been totally fixated on the fact that my best altar was a cabinet, so I should get another cabinet. And I haven't been able to find one. So I started cleaning my house, and it finally dawned on me- I DO have cabinets. A couple of them, in fact. I made the biggest one my thread and yarn cabinet. It's working out great. I love it. Eventually, it will be in my studio. I really want to finish the walls before I lug furniture out there. Right now the thread and yarn cabinet is in my kitchen. Yes, strange. I am a Kitchen Witch, and I do craft at my kitchen island often (both craft as in thread, fabric, paint, beads and craft as in spin spells). These things overlap for me. I do a lot of hand sewing, and often what I make are spells. Since deciding to focus on selling mirrors, and since mirrors are Magick all by themselves, and since my spells tend to draw people, I will enchant mirrors to sell. I'm working on a dragon mirror currently. It will bring luck and Magick to whoever buys it. Long story short- I love my thread and yarn cabinet. I love that it works on multiple levels. I love that I didn't need to spend any money.

My old thread cabinet was too small to hold all my thread, let alone all my thread and my yarn. I decided it would make a great altar. It's a good size. And I think it will comfortable hold all my spell books. I thought the shelves were spaced too close together, but actually there's more room than I thought. And it wasn't nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. I carried it from the studio to my bedroom with ease. I have set the cabinet in a good spot, but I haven't started filling it with books and spell supplies. 

After I decided to write this post, I realized the old altar is still pictured on this blog. I've got to change that. Maybe put some new tools in the picture. It's a little amazing how much getting rid of one piece of furniture can change several rooms in the house. I think I will make the cabinet invisible. When I have everything set up and photographed, I will provide instructions. I've done this several times with great success. 

I still don't have a battery for my tablet. Thus, no pictures today. Sending pics from my phone to my desktop is a hassle. 

I have started a new art project, one I have been thinking about for a while. And I have plans to expand my business. And I turned in my piece for the show! 

I have a book coming! I love getting packages of books. 

I will write more when I have a little more time. I will definitely have some pictures in the next post. And I have some Witchy projects going, so hopefully more regular updates. 

Until next time, blessed be. 

No comments: