When I first started this page it was just before Lammas so the holiday figured prominently in the page. Before long this wasn't a daily practice page, it was a turn of the Wheel. That wasn't what I set out to do at all.
I debated what should be on this page for a long time. I would like for my blog to be both helpful and entertaining. But my life is a crazy mess. I can't give you enlightenment because I don't have it myself.
Really, I don't think you're here for that. I think people start reading my blog because they are looking for something similar to themselves. At least that is why other social media is popular- we want verification that the small things we do are authentic. We claim we want diversity but we look for people who think like us.
So here we go. When you get to the end of the page you'll no longer feel guilty about your full moon rites being nothing more than drinking beer on the porch.
Now, about the lack of an altar:
As for the kind of spells I do, I work almost exclusively for my family. I have joined the resistance but that is because I wish to make the world better for my children. And because of my own selfish wish to be free and safe.
I do cooking spells. This is simple. I add empowered or charmed ingredients with intent. I do stitchery spells which works like cooking spells except I charm thread with intent instead of food.
I work spells all day, every day. Most are incorporated into normal activities. I might put forth more effort for something big. If I wanted a job I might clean out my closet since I would be required to dress a certain way, or I might wash the car since it would be my transportation to work. I would probably do other things like light a candle or carry a charm to the interview. But whatever I did, I would be thinking of what I wanted and what changes I would need to make in order to reach my goal.
I realize this isn't much of a practice. Or maybe I should say it is but I didn't give you many details. That's why you're here, isn't it? Here's some ways to bring magick into your life:
1. Read. Read blogs, follow Witches on social media, go to the children's section of the library. Find as much about magick as you can, even if you know it to be fiction. The question is, can you figure out how to do those spells, or at least come up with the same outcome if not use the same kind of magick? It's okay to be inspired by fiction.
2. Carry good luck charms.
3. Make plans according to moon phases or seasons. There's magick (and security) in knowing when to do things.
4. Cast circles. Cast them around yourself, your car, your house, or anything you wish to protect. Cast counterclockwise circles around things that bother you.
5. Energy balls. Throw a ball of energy at what you wish to change. Throw prosperity at the bill pile or healing energy at a sick friend. Or calming energy at a nosy drama queen.
6. Light candles.
7. Make lists of new things to try.
8. Record your dreams.
9. Try blessing your food to see if it tastes better or if you have more energy after eating.
10. Make an effort to be happy. Remove what makes you sad. Get through unpleasant tasks by rewarding yourself afterwards. Do more of what you love.