Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday?

 Things are starting to run together. I had to think a minute about what day it is.

I have begun writing my yearly series. I am handling the posting schedule a bit differently. Instead of scrolling thru already scheduled posts and trying to figure out what day I'm on, I have started setting up the next day's post as soon as I finish writing. Then, everything is fresh in my mind, I know if I'm on day 5 or day 6, and if I should schedule for the 27th or the 28th. That's working so much better and I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I'm reading the cards a bit differently as well. I draw some, usually three, each day to get a feel for the energies/problems I may have. I started leaving those cards out on my altar. When I open the altar to read the cards, everything from the day before comes rushing back. Sometimes I realize things happened and I did not notice at the time how it related to the cards. It gives me a bit of perspective. 

Summer solstice is fast approaching. I saw a knitting project I really liked, even though I don't knit. The person had knitted one row per day in certain colors to match the highs and lows of the temperature. I want to do something like that in plastic canvas, though I didn't want to stitch one row. I can't make it match up to weeks or months. But it would be cool looking. I have thought of making one star per day. And I thought of applying the weather charting to my inchie project. I'm still thinking it over. All I have decided is that I will begin on summer solstice. 

I can't wait for school to start back. The kids are driving me nuts. 

Currently, I am refinishing furniture. I got a new top for my hutch. I'm going to turn the old top into bookshelves. This means a lot of stuff is in the way as I try to find a dry place to apply varnish. Then I've got to take things off the hutch. Then I get to move furniture. I tried to start cleaning up and discarding unused items, but that turned into cleaning out kitchen cabinets. Which needed to be done. But I haven't made any progress with the hutch itself. None of this was a quick and easy project. Because I have been cleaning, going up and down the step ladder, and applying chemicals, I haven't done much sewing. I have cool projects in the works. But I'm either dusty, gritty, tired, or all three at once. I still have varnish all over my hand. The computer keyboard is a bit tacky because of it. When I'm tacky I don't want to handle fiber. If I do, I will become fuzzy. 

The map project is way more difficult than I thought. I found the source of a creek, possibly spring fed, that is not on any of my county maps. But it begins on private property where I cannot go. It's so small, Google Earth was not much help. I did find an old roadway and a lake I didn't know existed, but that doesn't help me draw up a map of between places around my house. I also discovered map making is beyond my drawing skills because I want it accurate. I have no idea how to draw my map to scale. Or how far my house may be from lines of longitude and latitude. I've also found more cemeteries. And I have found what might be marker trees. I think I need better GPS. And if I could print out what I marked on my phone, that would be awesome. Even better would be printing it out in black and white. With all my points showing. Which is what I thought I could do when I first thought of this, but my phone is not up to speed and Google doesn't understand why I need a printed copy when it will gladly save all the routes I've traveled. So simple, yet so not what I need. I hate technology. 

I think that's all for now. I'd like to write more, but the kids are bugging me to go to the library, and if I ignore them now, I probably won't be able to write later. I will try to write some Tarot Wednesday posts. Blessed be. 

No comments: