Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Chakra Tarot Spread

For our first spread, I chose the chakra tarot spread. I would have laid these out in a straight line, but I'm guessing it was easier to show all the cards if they were grouped together in a circle. But really, chakras are a line. Anyway, the positions are:

1. Root: how can I feel more secure?

2. Sacral: how can I release my creative energy?

3. Solar plexus: how can I feel more confident?

4. Heart: how can I open myself to love?

5. Throat: how can I communicate more clearly?

6. Third eye: how can I strengthen my intuition?

7. Crown: how can I connect with the higher power?

 
I am using the Dragon Tarot.

I laid out the cards face down, shuffling the deck after drawing for each position. In a few places, I got more than one card. I am taking this to mean these are areas where I can make things happen if I apply the right energy.

All the cards face up. One reversed card. This is a blockage in the chakra. 

1. Root- The king of coins

I am not surprised at the money association because the root chakra is about earthly needs. Money has been an issue. I would feel more secure if I wasn't worrying about bills.
2. Sacral- knight of coins, reversed

I struggle with the sacral chakra because it's supposed to be about nurturing and I am not. 
3. Solar plexus- XII The Hanging Dragon
This is one where I'm not sure of the meaning. I think I need to relax and simply observe. Maybe knowledge is confidence.
4. Heart- 6 of swords and queen of wands
Think I need to say what is holding me back and be more passionate.
5. Throat- two of cups
Probably need to communicate one on one.
6. Third eye- 7 of wands, page of cups, 3 of swords, and X The Wheel of Fortune 
Wow, there is a lot going on! Again, I need passion, I need emotion, I need thought, and probably I need to connect or at least observe what is going on around me. I've been withdrawing a lot because the world is going to hell and sometimes I just can't deal, so I ignore.
7. Crown- I The Magician 
I think this is easy to figure out- connect with higher power by doing Magick. 

Overall, this was a good reading. I had both major and minor arcana. I got all the suits, and a few court cards. Everything is more or less in balance. I gained insight, but I also received hints on where to focus or reconsider. Only one blockage, but I was already aware of it. 

Next week I will use one of my playing card decks.


No comments: