Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday is the Most Stressful Day

Tuesday is the longest day. We're barely begun the week. Everything lingers ahead like we will never see the end. Tuesday is boy scout meeting night. It's a school night. One of the boys plays football. He has practice. Essentially he leaves the house at 6:15am and doesn't come home until after 8:30pm. He carries a ridiculous amount of clothes and food. When I got the football schedule I pointed out the conflict to my husband. Will insists this is doable. All I know for sure is I spend a lot more time in the car.

Pretty sure one of the boys stole a cell phone. I was awakened by some strange sound at 10:30. I couldn't figure out what I heard. I stood outside the boys' room for a while. I could hear them whispering. I heard one get back in bed. But I didn't hear anything else. I didn't find anything. This morning it was really hard to wake them. Usually it is nearly impossible to get them moving if they've stayed up all night on the internet. I had strange dreams and I slept lightly, which is what happens when something is occurring during the night. I can't fall into a deep sleep because noise or light disturbs me. It will be interesting to see how alert they are at 8:30. Before anyone calls me paranoid, the boys have stolen devices from their grandparents. They kept the phone in their pocket and then returned it when they went over for church. They only got caught because they downloaded a game and the charge appeared on the phone bill. None of the adults are going to play a racecar game at 1am.

I really get tired of the cell phone thing. No matter what options they have, it's not enough. They've had tablets before. They broke one then downloaded a virus on the other. They've had phones before. They ran up the bill by downloading apps then started texting a pedophile. All of our devices now have passcodes. They can't unlock my phone. But they still sneak into the bedroom, steal the tablet, guess at the password until it's locked up, then they put it back and steal Will's phone. And repeat.

Everything is out of whack as I try to adjust to the new schedule. My daughter is doing great in Pre-K. Her coloring has become much better. She's staying in the lines now. She's very particular about things being "right" so no more blue tigers or pink leaves. (From an artistic standpoint this is terrible.) She has friends, she likes her teacher, and she is better at recognizing letters and numbers. She can even read a few words. But she's only in school 3 hours. Nearly as soon as I get back home, I have to think about going to pick her up. It seems like I don't have time for anything. If I didn't plan the day before, I don't think I'd get anything done. I went to the same school. I also went for 3 hours. My mother bitched nonstop about the schedule. I totally get it.

Speaking of planning, I want to do moon rituals again. I looked up the next full moon, then looked at the calendar to see if anything conflicted. I've been thinking about what the moon means to me. I jot down notes in my journal. It's been years since I've done anything on the full moon. I miss it. I won't be able to do a full ritual at the correct time, but I will be able to do spells. I will be able to cook an appropriate dish to match the harvest theme. I will be able to journal. I might get to meditate. So if I can practice Witchcraft with my errant children, bizarre schedule, and nosy Xian in-laws, then you really have no excuse.

This is the sewing cabinet I'm using as an altar. I left it a bit cluttered as defense against snooping.
The inside is pretty dark, and there is sewing stuff in the cabinet, so it's not immediately obvious what I do here. I had to use a flashlight in order to get good pictures.
Most spells happen here. The leather pouch contains my runes.
I didn't get a chance to read all weekend. Yesterday I kept my grandson, so I didn't read then either. By the time he left I lacked brain power to concentrate.
This space will be used to enchant sewing projects. I will do a more in-depth post about adding magick to projects later.

On the other side of the wall is my fireplace. I treat the cabinet as an extension of my hearth. This means I can create sacred flame in the fireplace and tap that energy into my sewing. It also means both hearth and art are the center of my home.

I'm still working out details of garden Magick. I've got a lot of mundane weeding to do before I can write a post. Until next time, blessed be.

No comments: