Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Post Birthday

My birthday is January 7th. I had already scheduled a Magick Monday post, so I didn't write anything yesterday.

I had a very good birthday. I got a lot of sewing done. I got interesting books from the library. My husband took me to see Aquaman (great, a few surprises, funny in places (I think Jason Momoa was being himself rather than playing a character), but it is a long movie), and then dinner at my favorite restaurant.

That's not to say everything was perfect. I had to get onto my children several times. I discovered middle sister tried to cause drama over the weekend but I ignored it.

Part of what made the day good was my husband. He put a lot of effort into making me happy. He does this every day because he's a good husband but he tried extra hard yesterday. Part of what made the day good was the changes I've made.

I'm writing this to remind you that life isn't easy. Sometimes what's best is met with resistance. Do it anyway. You might only make small steps forward but some progress is better than none. Eventually everything pays off and life is better.

No comments: