Tuesday, November 20, 2018

How Things Are Going

I am getting a new car. Soon. Not sure what yet. I have been offered a Dodge Dakota, but I am holding out for a better deal. I love my Titan, but it is at the end of her life cycle. This week I will begin taking my personal items out. I will clean, bless, and thank the truck.

I am also getting an enclosed trailer so soon I will be able to travel and sell my art. This won't happen immediately, and when I get the trailer I will need to do a lot of work to turn it into a shop. Probably at first it will sit in my yard and I will sell at my house on weekends.

I've decided to create new items. I haven't completed anything yet, but I am already seeing how to improve upon my ideas.

Progress is really humming along. I am pleased with how well things are going. I have been working with my crystals before I sew. I think this really helps to keep me focused.

My in-laws are back from England. I cannot emphasize enough how peaceful it was while they were gone. Of course, as soon as they got home the shit storm was brewing again. I'm going to try redirecting energy to keep their problems from spilling over into my life.

Starting in January, we have insurance!

This winter is supposed to be very cold. Already, we have had temps hovering slightly above freezing which is unusual for this time of year. I'm a little worried about the weather and the effect it will have on us.

I can't sell eggs anymore because my dog Queen killed half my chickens. I'm lucky if I get 1 egg a day. I think if I ever sell eggs again I will take them to the Farmers Market. Sometimes I sold out and other times I had to beg people to buy eggs.

This winter, my husband and I are going to do major work on the orchard. And probably on the vineyard. Trees need to be culled. Brush needs to be cleared. Probably the orchard will be expanded, but the vineyard will become smaller.

Last, but not least, are the behavior problems. Nothing has changed, though at the moment they are not as bad. I still do not know the why. None of the doctors listen to me. Everyone wants to prescribe pills to treat symptoms rather than figure out the cause. I'm not opposed to pills if he needs them, but I am very opposed to trying medication after medication in hopes of finding something that works. This is where learning the why becomes super important, but the doctors seem to think finding the right meds will make the why clear. Except it doesn't. All we get is more side-effects. I'm thinking about stopping counseling for a while. It isn't working and I'm tired of talking to arrogant assholes.

No comments: