Monday, October 15, 2018

Witches & Magick Day 24

Creating sigils with a spirograph set.

This is from a fairly new, and very basic set. I did this in my journal. As you can see, I tried some other designs first, but they didn't work very well because my ink pens had dried up.

I didn't attempt any particular design. My goal was to make several designs, pick the one I liked best, then recreate it as actual art on good paper, and color with watercolor paint. But my 3 year old had other ideas. Maybe I can get my set back when she naps.

I studied this design carefully. 12 points, indicating mastery. It reminds me of an atom, so I think it would be a good design for a manifestation spell. I put a star in the middle and stars are Magick. I decided as is, this would be good for building Magick within, then releasing into the world.

Colors would help further define the spell. I could brew a potion and make this the label. If I used greens, and glued it to a box it would become an earth spell. The possibilities are endless. Thus makes a very pretty and personalized Magick. Imagine the book of shadows it would make if you saved all the designs you made for a year's worth of moon rituals. I could also add other sigils, runes, astrology symbols, or Magick writing.

I encourage you to try this home to see what happens. Don't forget to take notes!

1 comment:

nikkisa889 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.