Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday

During our home schooling lessons on Tuesday we read about Ansel Adams. There is currently an exhibit of his work at the Columbus Museum. Yesterday my stepson had an appointment but I cancelled because I'm tired of arguing with the doctor about prescriptions. I took my children to the museum instead. It was a slow day and we were almost the only ones there. The museum has recently been remodeled, so it was a new experience for all of us.

I finished another cube yesterday. I am very pleased with how it turned out. (The cube will be in tomorrow's Fiber Friday post.) I like making the cubes. I started wondering if I could sell them in the museum's gift shop. I know one of the artists who sells there. He didn't have much merchandise yesterday. I'm not sure if he needs to restock or if he's phasing out. Another artist sells scarves, and there are quilt books, so I wouldn't be too out of place. I'm not sure if anyone would buy the cubes. Well, I've sold one. I don't know if the cubes would sell on a regular basis. It occurred to me to turn them into lamps. That is easily doable without much more work. I think I'll let this idea simmer on the back burner for a while longer. I don't know if the gift shop is accepting new sellers now, or if it's strictly commissions or a rented space sort of deal.

My husband is having a reaction to something. He has painful boils on his neck. I noticed this morning his uniform shirt collar matches up with the pattern of bumps, but I don't understand why he doesn't have them on his chest or back. Or why he didn't develop them before now. He's had the uniforms for over a month.

I'm working on my Witches & Magick series. I have 5 posts scheduled and 4 more in the works. While searching for topics I stumbled onto Alchemy stuff. It's starting to make more sense now. The symbols for activation is in the circle, meaning there are symbols for heating over fire, for distillation, for mixing, for purifying, etc. If you understand all the symbols then you know how many ingredients and how to combine them. It's an entire recipe in symbols. I'm not sure I want to learn it all, but I am very happy I got some answers.

Behavior problems have tapered off. We are still dealing with problems, just not to the extent we were before. Nothing has gone away. We still don't know why. But for the moment things are calmer.

I think that's a complete update on everything. It's not a lot, but I've had too much to deal with. Not a lot is a blessing.

No comments: