Monday, September 10, 2018

Another Manic Monday

Friday I took my husband to the doctor about his neck. Never got to the studio, never made a Fiber Friday post. After going to the doctor we played musical pharmacy. We went to 3 different pharmacies and went to one twice. Our system is utterly broken and I don't understand how anyone buys medicine.

Saturday we were sleeping in because none of our children were home. But my husband was on call so we ended up going to the airport to fix a private plane. And stayed all day. Will more than made up the hours he missed going to the doctor. I, of course, did not get to my studio.

Sunday I finally got to work. My plan to use the sewing machine did not give the right effect. I ripped it out and started hand stitching. It's slow. I gave up on Fiber Friday. Maybe next week I'll have something.

Sunday afternoon we found out our stepson got his aunt's phone, downloaded a game with several pay to play add ons, and drained her bank account of over $600. She gave him the phone so he could play an educational game. He left the room. I have told them a thousand times not to leave him unsupervised with an Internet connection. But I'm the evil stepmother who won't let him have any fun, so what do I know?

Now it's Monday. I'm struggling to get back into my normal routine. Z came up with a fairly good punishment. Stepson is going to cut his grass. Z will pay his aunt $50 each time until the debt is worked off. No one else wants him at their house because first they don't want to watch him and second they don't want to be robbed. Z has already said his brother can't come in the house. We can't take him to his aunt's house because she lives in north Alabama and after this stunt she doesn't want him at her house. He was just banned from there 4 months ago because during the summer visit he stole collector toys and spent all night on the tablet, burning up 4 gigs of data. Did anyone learn anything? Nooooooo.

1 comment:

FreeDragon said...

After I wrote this post, we tried to do home schooling. Friday's lessons were done next door because I took my husband to the doctor then drove all over town for meds. Except mother-in-law did not follow instructions so only one child did his work. Had I known he didn't do any of his work I would have never allowed him to spend the night. Maybe then he wouldn't have spent $637. However, none of the adults told me what happened with the lessons. I think some of it is he got away with being lazy and decided to see what else he could get away with. There was no immediate punishment. The first item purchased was $20. And from there it varied from $1 all the way $175. Had anybody thought to check on him he wouldn't have drained the account. My stepson is responsible for his behavior. But if any of the adults had been a little less self absorbed things wouldn't have gone as far as they did.