Friday, July 13, 2018

Fiber Friday

I have plans for my fiber art piece. Not really sure when I will work on it, but I know what to do now.
This is another of my cubes, though it won't be solid. It will just be an empty box. The mirrors will be inside.
I started on a personal quilt, I just didn't get very far. There was a good bit of stopping to oversee errant children. I'm using cloth for my paper piecing because I seriously hate picking paper out of seams and the only tears away neatly is when I have to rip something out and redo it.
I bought this horse a long time ago for my daughter because it was on clearance. Her birthday is in August so I decided to get busy. The magnifying glass was my father's and I thought it would be useful for sewing. I haven't tried it out yet. My mother bought it in an antique store and she insists Dad did not properly appreciate it. I was happy she let me have it because magnifying glasses are rather expensive.

That's all I've got this week. Linking here:
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/2018/07/getting-ready-for-quilting-by-lake-2018.html

No comments: