Friday, June 22, 2018

Fiber Friday, Almost Finished Edition

I cleaned off the kitchen island. Now I have room to work. It also forced me to deal with a pile of UFO's.
First, I finished my dragon pin and attached him to my bag. I really couldn't get a good picture of this, so just trust me when I say he looks better in person.
This is the start of a dragon quilt. I started it weeks ago. It has been sitting on the island and periodically my little daughter climbs onto the barstool to steal a circle or to reorganize my sorted, sized, pieces.
Almost done with Autumn meaning I can hang it above the fireplace this fall. Yay!
Paper pieced mariners' Compass. I decided to make one block per month using QAYG for purely personal reasons. I make quilts all the time but I don't get to keep them. I make quilts for my fiber groups, but those have strict requirements. Those help me build skills and force me to try new things, but they aren't things I want to make for me. And anyway, most of those go into shows, where I don't get them back for long periods, or they're sold, which is fine because I didn't want it. I would like to have some personal pieces that don't have any requirement other than I wanted to make it.
And finally, the pile of odds and ends that had languished on the island under my husband's tools and mail. There's 3 projects here- the fox cube, stars for a wooden box which will be sold on Amazon Handmade, and Z's wolf project. The cube stalled after family drama, but I am determined to finish it this weekend. The stars I had forgotten about after it was buried on the kitchen island, it won't take much longer. The wolves have not gone right at all. I spent a long time finding a pattern both Z and I liked. We had disagreements on which were wolves and which were husky dogs. I had to completely start over because I chose the wrong size canvas. I've made lots of mistakes. I've ripped them out. And now instead of 3, I need to make 4 because my daughter-in-law is pregnant. Man, I am not feeling the wolves.

Linking to Nina-Marie's blog here:
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/2018/06/off-wall-friday.html

1 comment:

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

It sure feels great to finish a few pieces and to get a table cleared, now I have room to work too