Monday, May 7, 2018

Magick Monday Green Witchcraft Edition

I have this aloe that needs to be repotted.
Aloe is a wonderful healing plant. It is soothing to all sorts of skin irritations. Aloe is more than just burns. I use it for rashes, scrapes, and bug bites. The leaves last a long time after being cut. They last even longer in the refrigerator. My granddaughter broke off a leaf 4 months ago. I'm still using it.
The bowl in this picture belongs to my sister-in-law. It contains shells and sand, presumably from a coastal vacation. She left it in the old house. I tried several times to give it back. She left lots of things behind. When I tried to ask if she wanted them she would cut me off saying that those things were bad memories. Of course, later she would want something and would be infuriated because I kept it. Periodically I will ask if she wants any of her stuff. She still rudely says no, then at next holiday she will loudly bemoan not having her decorations.

I don't want the bowl, but I do want the stand, which I will get to in a minute. First, I want to talk about the spell.

I've had lots of trouble with my sister-in-law. She has flat out lied, started wild rumours, got my children in trouble, and showed her ass on social media. Much like the sand, she's irritating and not good for much. Even when I try to stay out of her drama, she still drags me and my husband in. I guess she's bored. Or maybe she thinks herself undeserving of friendship because she drives away all her friends and romantic partners.

Because aloe is so healing, I want to use it to heal this family. I'm hoping it can metaphorically heal the sting of harsh words. Aloes need well drained soil. Mixing the sand into the flower pot might make it useful after all. I hope tying the plant to my sister-in-law would make her more nurturing. Maybe she will turn into a decent person, but that is a super long shot.

First step is to clean. Always clean before casting. It just makes everything work better.
So I gave my water dragon a bath.

Then I put my large quartz on the stand (which is why I wanted to keep the stand) and I got out my grandmother's shell because I suddenly feel a need to work with ocean energy.

Next, I repotted the aloe.
There were shells in the bowl. I put these into the pot first. Shells are both emotions and protection. I asked that we be protected from any drama that she tries to create.

I set the aloe in the pot and poured the sand in. However, the sand was so fine that most of it spilled out the drain holes as soon as I picked up the flower pot. I realized a lot more cleansing would need to take place before any real change occurred. I dumped the sand into the yard and did a banishing.
I hung the aloe on the porch. I asked that she grow into a more mature and kinder person who can accept responsibility for her actions. I'll keep you posted on any updates.

3 comments:

fluffy said...

I liked this post a lot. I hope that it makes your sister-in-law a better person, but I guess you will just have to wait and see. When I looked at the picture of you giving your dragon a bath, for one minute it looked alive! As if it was enjoying the shower. Just thought I would say.

Love Fluffy
x

FreeDragon said...

Lol, I treat my dragons as if they are alive, maybe that's why they seem animated!

I haven't had problems with my sister-in-law, but I am having issues with my mother-in-law. Yesterday she asked to take the boys to the park. She didn't take them, she put them to doing yard work. I don't think the park was ever in the plan. I am annoyed she lied to me, or if she really couldn't go, she didn't bother to let me know the plans changed. I have the feeling more trouble is brewing.

fluffy said...

Sounds like she maybe wanted, "free labour". How disappointing for the boys, I would be really annoyed too.

Love fluffy
x