Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I Always Want to Write When I Should Do Something Else

Yesterday, I was invited to be in an art show. Which is super exciting and suddenly stressful as I bounce between eagerly wanting to show my work and wondering if it's good enough, then wondering if I could "fix" mistakes when what I really should do is focus on a theme and make labels and get everything packed up. I decided to split the difference and show some pictures of things that have interested me lately instead of obsessing over small details no one will notice.

It looks like fall and maybe a bit like not caring what the weather may do.

I love cards. And skulls.

I love tatting, though I have never made anything this complex.

I decided this tissue box cover would make a good cube. That's what I'm working on now. I decided my cubes will go in the art show. Not sure if anything else will go or not. I'll be with a group of fiber artists who mainly quilt but I don't have a quilt ready. So far only 2 of us are interested, maybe 3, so it might not matter if I don't have a quilt. However, if more people participate then I'll be the odd one out. I guess I could be away from my peeps. Hmmmm.

Wow. Wonder how many hours went into this?

This might make a good cube.

And now for some Witches:




And back to quilts:



And finally the small structure possibility:
My husband needs a garage. We have discussed making a cloth garage. Years ago someone I worked with asked me to help him build one. I drew several plans, then figured out how to sew the pieces. I am very confident I can make new plans. I found lots of interesting things on Pinterest made of pvc pipe. My husband hates pvc. He thinks it will blow away on the first windy day. I pointed out that we could use metal pipe, but that makes everything more expensive. I think probably I'll end up building several of these. We are still kicking around the idea of me selling art from our home. The pros are not having to unpack, being able to have all the space I need, setting up exactly as I please, no fees, and selling whatever I want. We already sell eggs and when people buy a dozen they often inquire about other things in the yard which is how my husband has managed to sell lawn mowers without advertising. The cons are more strangers at my house, ALWAYS having to keep the yard looking nice (unkempt means people think you have trashy junk), less privacy, customers not understanding after hours, and greater security issues. Of course, we deal with most of that already when selling eggs.

I thought you'd like this Board on Pinterest... https://pin.it/y5xwg4rcnzciry

Speaking of Pinterest, I've been pinning my art there.

No comments: