Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Idea

This table belonged to my husband's grandmother. Those are most of his toy cars (some of the boys' got mixed in). We use it as an end table.

I used to have a Zodiac altar. It was just a cardboard box with the lid divided into 12 segments, one for each house. I studied my horoscope and if I foresaw something bad I would place crystals in the appropriate section to ward off trouble. I think the reason why it worked for me is I was simply paying attention to my life. I planned. I thought ahead. I figured out problems before they got bad.

I would really like to do that again, and if I could I'd take the cars out and lay down a lovely constellation map. I'd have a ton of crystal beads, charms, and small mirrors. Every week I'd take the glass off, read my horoscope, and move my pieces accordingly.

But I can't because I have Xian in-laws. Plus, I don't think my husband wants to get rid of his toys.

So I'm looking for boxes. I found this online. Don't love the price, but you get the idea. I suppose I could use my Magick sewing box. Maybe I could find a smaller box to fit inside, that way I don't have to worry about where to put the other items I use. Or I could put a picture on my computer and photo shop it each week. I'd rather have something tangible, though.

I also started my knot/weaving work. It's both, I guess. I'm making chain knots and letting my mind wander. When I notice a particular issue coming up again and again I start to focus on it. I don't stress. I just focus on the outcome I want. I loop until I feel at peace. Then I put the cord away until later. I don't have a set time to do this work. This is an as needed basis.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I have something similar but I keep it on my windowsill in the kitchen - a collection of rocks, figurines, and other bits-n-bobs. I rearrange them all, add or take away as the spirit moves me.
But you need a container of some sort. Do you have a box without a lid? Add a picture frame to the top for a lid. Hinges could be added to the box and the frame. Maybe a thrift store excursion is needed to find components. Sections could be created by using cardboard (something like cereal box cardboard would work). A latch and lock could even be added.
Meditative knot work is good for the soul. ♥
Have you looked on pinterest for diy shadowboxes?

FreeDragon said...

Yes, I liked most of them. I did buy a small, wooden box. No glass, those were too large. For now I will use the small box and it will probably evolve as I figure out what works best for me. I'll have the box post on Monday.