Tuesday, February 13, 2018

War Water

This looks great but I'm annoyed to say it took a long time to move from one side of the yard to the other because the boys didn't put away my hand truck like I asked. I spent a while stomping around the yard looking (and seeing more things out of place) before finally noticing the wheel behind a roll of chicken wire. Since I was getting more irritated by the other problems I kept encountering, I decided getting things in place was enough. I have plenty of room in the tire to plant herbs, though I haven't decided yet what that should be. The premise is simple- I will allow this cauldron to fill naturally with rain water. Each day after feeding the chickens, I'll come over here to do a blessing. I intend to invoke the sun. Traditionally war water made by allowing nails to rust in a jar. I've already got rust from the cauldron itself. War water is used by sprinkling it on objects believed to be cursed, or by pouring it on the doorstep of people you believe mean you harm. I have also seen drinkable potions to aid in strength and potions to rub on weapons for added defence. I'm going to ward property markers with war water to keep problems away. For the problems that are internal, I will sprinkle some war water around the house as I clean.

To balance out the war water banishing, I want a cauldron of healing water, almost like a sacred well. My father-in-law had suggested placing a rain barrel here, to catch rainwater that falls from the chicken house. I could just as easily use a cauldron as a barrel. In order to make it work, I need to cut off the excess tin, add a gutter, and move the flower pots. Rain barrels are sometimes illegal because they prevent rain from restoring the water table. However, they only catch a small percentage of water. You cannot catch all the rain that falls. What you save would just be less the water authority could charge you for later. Are you starting to see the real problem? In places where rain barrels actually make a difference is in places where there isn't much rain anyway. Or in places where nearly all the residents decided to save water. Oh wait, that's the same problem of people refusing to pay for a resource that falls freely from the sky. Never mind. I'm still considering possibilities for the healing well. We have places where rainwater doesn't freely run off. We have a well we aren't using. I don't intend to consume the water. I may use it to water my garden but as I already have a drip irrigation system I don't think I will use the water outside of spell work. I also have bottle trees and I think that kind of Magick could be a big help to us. I'm going to start with war water. I believe the rest will reveal itself as needed.

No comments: