Thursday, February 15, 2018

Kitchen Witch Day

My husband and I had an argument last night. I decided he should be a bit nicer to me. Behold the way to turn an ordinary recipe into a spell:
I didn't plan anything out. I just looked through my cookbooks until this caught my eye- they're called "Midnight Cookies"
This is in Entenmann's Big Book of Baking page 228.
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
The very first thing I poured into the mixing bowl was the sugar. I said my husband's name and said he must be very sweet. I added the other dry ingredients. I stirred them together as I named off kind things my husband has done for me.

During this preparation, I played Wilson Pickett's "In the Midnight Hour" I tried to keep the song going the entire time.

Cookies cooling on the table.

No comments: