Friday, January 19, 2018

Fiber Friday the 19th


We had a rarity here in East Alabama- 3 inches of snow. And I was bored. I made a snow day bracelet. I used a stitch pattern that remind me of flying geese. My geese are gray. I intended to have have an icy blue background since school has been cancelled all week due to icy roads. But what looked like a cold, light blue in the dim light of the kitchen became sea green when paired with dark gray. Maybe the geese are searching for greener pastures. The bracelet fits me well, doesn't hamper wrist movement, and hasn't caused any problems. I was worried about making something so wide. I like it so much I may make more, though I am concerned with getting a close fit for other people.

2 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fascinating bracelet/cuff. Would it help with fit if the loop closure were elastic?

FreeDragon said...

Yes, it would, but I didn't think of that when I was making it. This is the second time I've made a cuff bracelet. Last time I stitched magnets in the cloth for a closure.