Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday

I have a lot to talk about, not all is fiber or textile.

The most exciting thing is I saw a fox this morning! I now feel inspired to work on my family foxes art project. There is a family of foxes living near my house. All the ones I saw before were dark brown. This morning I saw the classic orange fox. Maybe there's a larger population than I thought. Here's what I currently have on foxes for family members:
The next fox will be for the son in counseling and I don't want to do that one because I find it difficult to make something for someone who is being an ass. But after seeing the fox this morning, I realize this is my Magick and maybe the animals need me to do this work. Perhaps if my children see themselves represented by foxes they will think twice before harming one. I would rather live in peace with all my neighbors.

I saw lots of interesting things this morning on my walk. (This is the not fiber part of the post.)
All of these pictures were taken from the railroad track, which is also where I saw the fox. I posted these pictures on Instagram. I am trying to show the beauty of where I live. I think that's the job of being the Witch of This Place.

I updated my daily practice page. I talk a little bit about what kind of practice I would like to have in the future.

Currently I'm stitching this, a Christmas gift. I stopped caring if I finished before Dec 25.
I applied stain to the board "Magic Carpet" will be mounted on. But apparently this is pine because all my stain absorbed into the wood rather than enhancing the gain. It looked awesome until it dried, sort of like a very old, deeply distressed, wood floor. Some stain can be seen in places, but not enough to look artistic. Sigh.
This is the monkey wrench quilt I'm making for the bedroom. It's a quilt as you go. This is the block my husband liked best.

I have been invited to make small pieces of art for an upcoming fair. Around 200 pieces of art are needed to give to people attending. It's a great opportunity to get noticed, thus possibly earning a commission or sales, but I'm not sure how much I can turn in. I decided to think about this over the weekend before I make a commitment. And no, I don't need 200 pieces. The art association hopes to have around 200 pieces from various artists. Me turning in 1 to 4 is perfectly acceptable.

No comments: