Friday, December 1, 2017

Fiber Friday

Mostly, things are still packed away. Today, I am bound and determined to finish Z's fox.
I am just a few rows away. I meant to finish this Tuesday and I could have if I wasn't sick. My sinuses ached so bad, I stopped sewing. I couldn't think or work.

The green thing is art. I'm trying to make a small art piece every week. I started making a snake. I got him wrapped up, but before I could do the embroidery someone unraveled him. That's what happens when I leave art on the kitchen island.

This is the next week's piece of art:
I realize it's hard to see, but I wanted to show that I do finish things and eventually the jar will fill up. Here's better pictures:
I'm glad I finally found a use for my vintage buttons. I've wanted to use them on several other projects but they weren't quite right.

I have a small wall hanging in mind. I haven't started yet. I am struggling with do-one-at-a-time so I won't have a pile of undones. It will be a monkey wrench quilt with several monkey fist knots hanging on it. My husband picked the colors. The finished quilt will hang over our bed. I intend for it to be a protection spell. I selected fabric, but haven't started cutting blocks. We are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor. I hope if I start treating area like a bed an actual bed frame will appear.

I have the backing of 2 pieces in the living room. One of them needs to return to the kitchen island because the deadline is in January. I'll be working on "Magic Carpet" next, which has finished pieces waiting to be assembled. "Cosmic Watchman" is also due in January. I made good progress before having to pack it away. I don't have a picture. I'm not going to unpack the quilt just for this post.

No comments: