Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday Edition of Fiber Friday

I have a Studio 222 meeting tomorrow so I probably won't have a chance to blog. Most of you seem to be enjoying my sewing/craft posts which makes me hope that maybe I am bringing a small bit of beauty to the world.
First up is the Crown Royal bag. Just the other day I needed a bag. My husband loves Crown and I debated stealing one from the liquor cabinet. Last night I complained that I was longing for Jim Beam Devil's Cut. Will offered me Vanilla Crown Royal. I hate Crown. It burns. Will opened the bottle. I had to admit it smelled wonderful, but remembered the taste of fire, so I didn't trust it. Finally, I took a sip and it was delicious. No burn. I drank a glass at dinner. I can't remember why I needed a drawstring bag.
This is the tote bag I started more than a month ago. I'm trying to complete it. I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
This will be an art quilt called "Cosmic Watchman" featuring an owl. It's for Studio Art Quilts Association, I need to submit it in January. Other than washing my background fabric, I have made no serious effort.
This is Z's Christmas present. It's a test piece I made for "Summer of the Timber Rattlers" and I am going to turn it into a box. If you're thinking I am running out of time, you are absolutely correct.
Whenever I sew, my daughter gets her wooden farm animals so she can work, too.
I bought this for my daughter. It has been hanging on my bedroom wall for months now. It's starting to bug me. But I don't see the sense in starting yet another project when I'm trying to wrap up so many in a week. Still, I'm really tired of this horse hanging here.

3 comments:

fluffy said...

What a lot of projects you have on the go. I really love your witch craft posts and although not artistic myself at all, enjoy seeing your artwork xx

Jeanne said...

A creative mind always has a lot going on. :o) Had a kid come trick-or-treating and he had a Crown Royal bag for his treats.

fluffy said...

Hope things are okay with you, you haven't posted for a while xc