Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Trying

I decided the solution to nonexistent spare time is to simply carve out some, or at least make an effort to be more efficient in time management rather than rushing about with a vague notion of doing chores. This is more tricky than it sounds. I don't want to get locked into a rigid schedule. On the other hand, I already feel stuck. I don't want to start anything because I know I will encounter problems and nothing ever goes to plan. I want to try doing housework first, then errands, then in the afternoon when I am getting tired and not wanting to leave the house I can sit down to do art.

I normally don't work when my family is home because I stop every 5 minutes to deal with their problems. I help with homework, find lost items, cook, remind people of their promises, and enforce rules. I decided if I am an artist I have to be one. I heard another artist say one of her daughters complained about paintings drying in the oven. Why couldn't they be a normal family with cookies in the oven? My family doesn't have any such issue because I put them first. I think they're going to be very butt hurt about doing their own laundry.

I'm also going to try blogging every day though right at this moment I have no idea what to say. If I can't do daily I'll try to set at least 3 days for blogging.

And when everything falls apart I will start over and try again.

2 comments:

fluffy said...

I left a big long comment and blogger lost it. I just said unless you put your foot down you will never have enough time. I only practice when on my own or when everyone is in bed. I look forward to reading your posts everyday, but won't hold my breath :)

FreeDragon said...

Blogger sounds like one of children- losing stuff, not remembering what you say...