Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Beginning

We spent Sunday breaking down the old fire pit. Eventually this area will be flat. Then I can start planting my garden.

I did do a bit of gardening Sunday; I repotted my lemon balm. We decided to fill the porch with hanging baskets of herbs. This makes cooking fresh easier. I also removed broken art from my side garden. It bothers me when people leave broken statues and cracked pots in the yard. Please, take down the wind chime with only 2 pipes left. Gardens live and occasionally they out grow things. You wouldn't let your children wear clothes too small, faded, or stained so don't think if you put something in the garden that it will last forever.

It's is perfectly acceptable to landscape the yard to suit your needs. Even if those needs change every year or two.

No comments: