Thursday, December 31, 2015

To Have a Plan

I miss blogging. I do like to write, I just don't seem to have time for it anymore. I decided the solution was to schedule blogging time, but then I realized I also scheduled a sewing circle day, an exercise day, and a create/design day. I'm running out of days here.

I rethought the blogging idea. Now I plan to write ahead of schedule. I intend to start writing posts for holidays and moon phases. I presume if anything truly important happens that I wish to share with the world I will find the time to write about it.

I deleted the 'items for sale' page because I didn't make any sales. I will create a new page about magick because I sometimes get asked why I took the spells down. I would like to write about magickal subjects that aren't mainstream. This is a back burner project so don't look for it any time soon.

I'm also considering a Kitchen Witch page because all the ones I've read seem kinda lame. But projects are piling up faster than I'm running out of days.

My 2016 resolutions are this:
1. A working sewing studio.
2. A garden that can feed my family.
The sewing studio is now progressing on an even keel. I now have 2 bookcases painted and over half my books are in my house. There's still much work to do such as wiring the studio for electricity and finishing interior walls. I'm also finishing neglected sewing projects and I'm finding more ways to do Stitch Witch magick which is fun. I'm starting to believe if it's not going to be fun it shouldn't be done.

The garden I have no idea how to make more productive. I do garden almost year round now. I need better yeilds. When my father died I got most of his gardening books. I am reading and learning. The more I learn the more I realize I am pitifully ignorant of plants.

While I struggle to be a better person,  motherhood is turning me into a psychologist. I have learned more about child behavior than I ever wanted to know. Tired of struggling to explain drug addict irrationalities to boys, I started encouraging them to tell their mother how they feel. What they said made her angry but then guilt and self loathing set in and she doesn't want to see them as much because they are making her really uncomfortable. So blaming and dodging responsibility aside, maybe that worked out for the best. At the very least, the boys no longer accept her excuses as the gospel.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I encourage you to follow your heart. Something I haven't always done and now regret. You will have more time to do the things which call to you as the days go by.
I have always been a believer of telling people the truth. Though sometimes I do 'dumb it down' so feelings aren't necessarily hurt as bad. This is a good practice for kids to get into. All too often kids aren't allowed to express their real feelings. A bad habit which they carry over into adulthood.