Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Witches & Magick- Worshipping Diana


I said yesterday that I think some people just do a little vague research and when they find one answer they think that applies to most of the situation. I believe this to be true of Dianic Witchcraft- some anthropologist stumbled upon a handful of women worshipping one goddess then applied that term to cover all the goddess-worshipping Witches. I almost didn't include Dianic Witch because I've never met one and sadly, I think men have slanted the viewpoint. Dianic Witches are feminists. Which is fine. But the general public mindset seems to be that all Dianic Witches hate men. I don't think this is true. I have very feminist ideas but I do not blame all men for all the problems women face. I think both genders are needed. I don't have a problem with homosexuals, but the reality is if we were only interested in sex with the same gender we would have died out long ago. Dianic Witches probably came to the forefront of mainstream media because they were doing two things that our male dominated society hates- worshipping a goddess and practicing Witchcraft. I'm just going to stop here because while the tradition does have some lovely ideas and practices, someone is bound to get offended.

No comments: