Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I May Cry

Today,supposedly, I am to receive the keys to my new house. This is a great help, but it does not mean that I am anywhere close to done. Now I have to start moving. I am 7 months pregnant. I can't move much of anything until my husband comes home.

But at least I can say I have a house. If I actually get the damn keys.

I can do a lot of planning. I can console myself with the knowledge that we don't have to stay in a falling apart house much longer. And OMG, I have a kitchen again. I can't cook yet because the gas tank isn't in place but I have actual cabinets, a brand new fridge, and a brand new microwave. I don't have to eat another meal with my in-laws ever again. That alone makes me want to weep in joyful relief.

Tomorrow Will is off work and I suspect there will be many trips back and forth across the yard with very little time for blogging. I have a lot to write about. I have become an expert on NOT having a nervous breakdown. I ordered new books, my little garden is pitiful but growing, I got my stepson in counseling, I have many projects to talk about, and I now know more than any one person should about demolition.

Soon, Readers, soon.

1 comment:

Aine O'Brien said...

Hang in there. It's almost over. You will be so happy and appreciate your house and privacy and your own dinners!! Don't overdue the moving in activities. you have plenty of time to settle in to YOUR OWN PLACE!!! :)