Thursday, January 29, 2015

Upcoming

First, I am now 8 weeks pregnant and not as tired, though I still can't do as much activity as I want. I am slowly getting back into my routine. My husband goes back to work on the 16th of Feb.

Second, I am going to be a contributor for SewMamaSew. Don't go look for the post yet, it won't be up until nearly the end of February. It feels nice to have a sewing project.

Third, I have decided to write a cross stitch pattern book. I'm assuming this project will take years to complete, but it's something I want to do. I'm going to create patterns with a magickal/Witchy flare and lots of stories to go with the designs. As I come up with designs, I will post some to this blog and I encourage my readers to stitch them. I want real world feedback so I can know if the designs and instructions are understandable, and if they are any problems I need to know so I can make corrections.

Fourth, I have a burning desire to garden and to get back to my other long-term goal of healing the land. I don't know how much I will be able to do since I am pregnant, but this seems like Very Important Work. I have been going to my parents' property to tend muskadine vines. My father is convinced the muskadines will be a good source of extra money for me and my husband. But we have to do all the work- all the pruning, fertilizing, and harvesting, and THEN we can haul them down to the farmers' market.

So that's were I am. Hopefully soon I'll get back to regular blogging.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. :o)
Congrats on the contributor-ship! And the book project. It is so hard to find Witchy cross-stitch. I think I still have my fabric but need to get some thread.

Unknown said...

Just remember...wherever you go...there you are! 😊

It's not the destination but the journey, yes? And yours is just such a beautifully unique and vibrant one. Carpe diem.