Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 27- Falling Behind

Ah, the best laid plans.

I don't have anything to show you today because I didn't have enough time alone to work another spell. I thought I could write a post early this morning, but I'm not going to be home long enough to get any thing done. That means I don't know if I'll have anything to show tomorrow. For someone who is unemployed I sure do have a hectic schedule.

I think the best course of action is to tell you how things are progressing.

On my last post, I said the Sharpie marker washed off with vinegar. And it did. The vinegar didn't even faze the words I wrote on the larger mirror. I'm not sure if this is because I left the mirror in sunlight or if I pressed down harder or what. I had to use nail polish remover to clean the second mirror. Maybe the difference was in the mirrors themselves. Although they looked the same, the tiny mirror had a different feel like it was plastic rather than glass. I think both were the same brand. Both mirrors came from the same store anyway. I'm going to say use nail polish remover to remove any writing from your mirrors and you probably shouldn't write on one that you want to keep. Or you could be smarter than me and not use a permanent marker for your spell. I think an eyebrow pencil would work great.

Of course, if you don't want it to wash off, get some glass paint  and make it pretty. I really want to try this. I have mirrors over my doors to turn back negative energy. I really want to paint a protective dragon. Or maybe a hex sign.

The prosperity spell seems to be working. We didn't run out of money this weekend.

I would like to point out something if you decide to use mirrors in your magickal work. I have been told if you use a mirror to turn back negative energy you don't look into it. I understand the logic of that. It's sort of like keeping your bathroom mirror clean. When mirrors are dull or dirty then your reflection is dull too. If nothing else, there is the psychological factor of thinking you are less attractive because the reflection was unflattering. I think it is unwise to use a mirror to turn back negativity and then you use that same mirror to brush your teeth. This is why I bought new mirrors for my spell.

I try not to look into the mirrors above my doors or the one I use for banishing work. What I want you to be aware of is mirrors reflect everything. Even if I do not stand directly in front of the mirror, I know that if I can see the mirror then it can reflect me. If you want to see how this works try photographing a mirror without getting a flash reflected. Walk up to a mirror hanging on a wall. Back away. Come at it from a different angle. How much of the room do you see? How does this change if you are kneeling? Objects you didn't think the mirror could reflect will appear when you are laying on the floor. Stand to the side of the mirror so that you can see the mirror but not your reflection. Have a friend stand on the other side. Tell each other what you see. You may be surprised at how much of a view is available from just a few feet away.

No comments: