Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Month of Witches & Magick- What I Learned About Transmutation Circles Day 18

I'm doing the sigils today. Like the transmutation circles, they are obviously magick. They are simpler. And most often they come with instructions or at least some note about what they are used for.
Okay, so this one doesn't have instructions. But they look cool.
Here's some instructions. There's a faint circle of symbols in the background. I think these are simply what the Witch thought was protective and other symbols could be used without altering the spell. This isn't really a sigil, it's a crystal grid which I'll talk about tomorrow.

 
I believe this is just altar decoration, though I can think of ways to use it in magickal work. It comes from the Etsy shop White Magick Alchemy. Fair warning- I've purchased for them before and some of the items are not of high quality. If it's fairly cheap in the shop don't waste your money. You'll only get what you paid for.
Because the onyx pendulum I bought was just badly dyed agate, I am hesitant to purchase anything else. I fear the wood may crack or wrap. These plates do not appear to be sealed or varnished. I think the designs are cool, but it might be better to draw the design on paper rather than risk being disappointed with another purchase.
If you have any artistic flare it should be too hard to make what you need.
 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

About 22 years ago I lost my personal Grimoire, medicine bag and my library of all things mystical and esoteric. Cards, scrying crystals, etc. Gone. Thank you for helping me to remember and catalog some of it again. Blessed be.